Week 1 – Scavenger Hunt
- Take a short walk in your neighborhood or at the park
- Talk with your child about things you see. For example, “I see a dog! He’s so fluffy!”
- Have your child tell you what they see.
- Try a scavenger hunt!
- Find something small
- Find something big
- Find something purple
- Find something round
- Find something shiny
- Any additional ones you can think of!
Week 2 – Moon
- Watch the read aloud for Goodnight Moon
- Talk about the book.
- What was your favorite part?
- Talk about the pictures. What do you see?
- Talk about the Lunar Eclipse that will happen on May 15th!
Week 3 – Beach/Ocean
- Watch the read aloud for “Bats at the Beach”
- Pretend you are going to the beach!
- What will you need?
- What will you see there?
- What will you hear there?
- What can you do?
- What are the similarities and differences between bats and people when they go to the beach?
Week 4 – Animals
- Take a virtual tour of the San Diego Zoo
- How are each of the animals the same? How are they different?
- Talk about what animals you see.
- What do they look like?
- What do they sound like?
- What do they like to eat?
- Where do they like to live?